PERMACULTURE DESIGN INTERNSHIP
We have a lot of interest in the Permaculture Design Internship, and only offer one position each year.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL WITH YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER, AND WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN THE NEXT POSITION OPENS. We have selected an intern for the 2016-2017 season, and are currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 position, beginning Fall 2017.
The Permaculture Design Internship is an action-learning program focused on facilitating real-world, hands-on experience in the following areas: permaculture design, client consultations, cost estimate preparation, installation, maintenance, plant propagation, harvesting, and social media writing/blogging/marketing. The intern will help draft a proposal for a community-scale permaculture design, gaining experience collaborating with others in the field, while learning essential skills for whole-systems thinking. The intern will also manage one maintenance client site for the duration of the program, gaining first hand experience with an existing permaculture system in order to learn about propagating, harvesting, rainwater harvesting systems, client interaction, and reading and incorporating site feedback. The intern will work closely with project managers to assist with various projects as needed, acquiring a hands-on education in the design industry.
- 1-2 days/week, flexible
- Must have completed a Permaculture Design Certification course
- Applicant is able to lift heavy objects, is in good physical condition, able and willing to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures characteristic to Georgia, year-round
- Applicant provides their own means of reliable transportation (personal vehicle)
- Ideal candidate is a self-guided, reliable, motivated and articulate individual who is comfortable working with limited supervision
- Intern will have option to earn additional hourly compensation as desired and/or as needed by Shades of Green for work on various installation projects
- Intern is friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic about learning and practicing the principles of permaculture, the ethics of ecological landscape design, and the needs and provisions of thriving perennial food systems and regenerative ecologies
Email cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com.